- Soak and cook the beans as per the packet instructions until they are very soft and beginning to break up
- Allow the beans to cool before blending the ingredients
- Spoon into lolly moulds (give the mould a tap to encourage bubbles to the surface)
- Insert the sticks and freeze
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes (plus soaking and prep time)
Serves: 4 (or makes 8 mini lollies)
Keeps For: several months in the freezer
Tips and Comments
- To a Western pallet a bean based dessert might seem a little strange but I was inspired to invent this recipe after encountering green bean ice lollies in the heat of the Chinese summer; and then having nowhere to source them in the UK!
- I use mini lolly moulds as I have a tiny freezer but this amount will make about 4 standard size.
- You can freely omit the green food colouring but they will be a murky brown. You have 'bean' warned.