- Mix 60g of sugar into the flour and rub in the soya marge until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs
- Add a little water to the flour mix and blend to make a soft but firm dough. Roll this out and line a greased flan dish
- Bake the pastry case for 20 minutes and then allow to cool
- Blend the tofu, sugar, lemon juice and zest and corn flour until smooth
- Pour the tofu and lemon mix into the pastry and cook for 25 minutes (or a little longer if not set)
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate
- Before cutting, dust with icing sugar. Slice and serve with soya cream or yoghurt
Cooking Temperature: 170 degrees
Cooking Time: 50 minutes (plus prep)
Keeps For: 5 days in the 'fridge
Tips and Comments
- See Not-Dairy for info on soya marge.
- Silken tofu can be bought from larger health food shops and Chinese supermarkets. (See Not-Eggs)
- Got some tofu left over and not sure what to do with it? Why not make a Nomelette?
- This is especially good served with raspberries, blueberries or slices of orange if you want to 'health it up'.